Saturday 24 July 2010

My Interaction Design Research Triangle


Figure 1: The model of interaction design research that my research takes


Using Fallman's model I see my research into the Aesthetics of Interaction from a Visual Communication perspective taking the following dimension, loop and trajectory:

DIMENSION - My research is phenomenologically qualitative and emerges from theory, through exploration into practice. Therefore the situating of my research within Fallman's framework fits between the labels Design Exploration and Design Practice.

TRAJECTORY - I see my research's trajectory as being from Design Exploration towards Design Practice.

LOOP - To gain the desired trajectory path, the beginning obviously begins with a gap in Design Practice. The loop then takes a theoretical turn (it is a PhD after all) through the Design Studies triangle, before entering the Design Exploration onto the trajectory path.


No comments:

Post a Comment